“Every man and woman is a star.”
Aleister Crowley said that. He wrote the words in a book called, The Book of The Law.
Actually, he said a lot of sensational, but cryptic things. Not that I’m a Crowley crony. He was strictly anti-abortion (for any reason), and a bit more into anal sex than I am; but, I suppose, if you want to explore the deeper mysteries… some concessions must be made.
I like the phrase though, especially how it relates to Nuit, or Nut, the Egyptian goddess. She is often depicted as the sky, stretched over her husband (and brother, oh those kooky Egyptians) Geb; the earth.
Honestly, I could babble on and on about the Egyptian pantheon of gods… but I want to focus on what Crowley’s words, ”Every man and woman is a star.”, mean to me. Of course, I take some liberties:
We are all independent, autonomous beings. We’re like a billion individual stars, flickering across the dark body of space. Each of us plays a key role, as the center of our own solar system.
Sure. We’re different in a some ways. We all have our own natural properties, but we’re all similar systems, in the fact that we’re all performing the same function; we live; we struggle; we endure; and then we die. That makes us all the same; equal.
None of us really needs anyone else. Assuming that we’re not clashing over resources, we could exist without the slightest, meaningful interaction with the people around us.
A solar system is nothing to scoff at. But each star, alone at the center of the system, is just a minuscule pinpoint of light against the night sky. A pretty twinkle, to make you sigh.
But all the stars of the Universe, shining together?
Fuck. That’s enough beauty to take your breath away. That’s enough radiance to write myths about, and birth god(s).
Alone, we are separate and glorious… but together, we are the essence of wonder.
- abstract-conscience likes this
- steeped-in-ink likes this
- dareenandreu likes this
- toomanywordsnotenoughink likes this
- royalshuffle likes this
- cordx likes this
- midnightvalkyrie likes this
- brittany-betz likes this
- aquietjoy likes this
- ninarayne reblogged this from ordinarywonder
- ninarayne likes this
- katskradlexx likes this
- whispered-dreams-decayed likes this
- thesealivesinme likes this
- chancedenoir likes this
- the-mind-of-rueberry likes this
- endlesslyunamusing likes this
- everything19 likes this
- thespanoflife likes this
- alibis-not-needed-anymore likes this
- possibleconfusion reblogged this from ordinarywonder
- possibleconfusion likes this
- possibleconfusion said: This is just utterly briliant. This is writing, if you know what I mean. Um, that’s completely serious, there is no innuendo—none. yup.
- make-me-immune likes this
- secretmedium likes this
- nearlynoth1ng likes this
- devilsfuckingprostitute likes this
- pedanticpersiflage likes this
- autumndragonfly likes this
- moaningatmidnight likes this
- daydreamsonlooseleafpaper likes this
- six-little-milkteeth likes this
- roggyscanvas likes this
- adoenamedjane likes this
- takingstockofwhatmattersmost likes this
- ordinarywonder posted this